Thread: Stuck
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 05:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Mizz

I used alcohol for various reasons, but mainly due to stress .....From what I have gathered now.

I think alcohol may have helped with stress in the beginning. Just a glass or two to unwind.That glass or two turned into more and more due to not having healthy coping skills. Drinking alcohol only created more anxiety, and then I would try to squelch the anxiety by drinking. So on and so forth. I also experienced depression. I was basically feeding anxiety and depression with a substance that is a depressant and creates more anxiety. It was a nightmare at the end there...... A full fledged nightmare.

Exercise does create more energy. Exercise helps to alleviate depression and anxiety. With the right mix of self care tools you can be well on your way to feeling better, more energized, less depressed, and have a sense of well being in your life. Its true. All of this is what I know to be true for myself and for so many other people.

Perhaps write out a plan as what you want your life to look like. How you would like to spend your time. What you want in your life and how you will obtain said things. Then set about to make that list happen. We can do anything once we put our minds and heart into it. I know this to be true as well. Believe in yourself and your ability to change your life. One small step at a time.