Old 07-20-2022, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

Is Sobriety Boring - Weekenders 22 - 25 July 2022

“The definition of boredom means having nothing to do or being disinterested in anything you could do”.

That’s what I thought when I first set out on my sober journey.

How can I possibly be happy and fulfilled without alcohol?

I seemed to ignore the true effects it had on me….hangovers…regrets….blackouts…total crapulence.

Looking back I realize that was my addiction talking. I wasn’t happy being a drunk, I was an addict. It really had me fooled.

Returning back to sober boredom. I’d decided better to spend the rest of my life sober and bored than ruin mine and other’s lives drinking.

I had an empty feeling initially, similar to missing an old friend. I used the word floundering a lot for the first few months of sobriety. Pretty much like a baby wanting to take its first steps.

I was getting the hang of being sober and until I found SoberRecovery. I didn’t think about recovering.

On the recovery road I found people actually happy being sober…well I never.

Sober and happy wasn’t something I thought could be.

My addictive brain had always told me sober people are bored people….what a liar it is.

There was much more to life on the recovery road that drunkenness could ever have given me. I found you could have a good life sober. Fulfilled and happy.

If you’re thinking ‘she’s been got at’ or ‘brainwashed’ you’re mistaken. The only brainwashing I had was swilling the booze down my neck day after day, night after night.

If you’ve had enough of alcohol or substances that are having a destructive effect on you, give sobriety recovery a chance.

Just one small step will start you on your recovery journey.

Bored? Never.

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends may be a struggle. (We’re here all week too!)