View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 02:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
playaforiife

15 years later

I made one post on this forum, a very long time ago. Every year I get a happy birthday email from this website and finally decided to recall what brought me here.

Its painful to read my op and all my replies.

I never got anymore duis. I did have a 5 year addiction to opiates starting sometime shortly after this.
Life was difficult and I kept making **** decisions after **** decisions.

I finally got off pills in 2010 after being kicked out of a 60 day treatment center on day 45 for being high from some snuck in **** from my roommate.

After that i began to grow up. I handled all my warrents. Got into oxford house in a distant city where I had no connects.

Worked on getting a job, and worked on myself. Fitness was huge before it all and became important again. I took getting a quality job serious working anything in the mean time. Worked on my credit and trying to make write all the friends I screwed. I didn't follow any steps, just my heart.

15 years later i own a house, have an education, amazing career, convertibles, truck, motorcycle. Stellar credit. I don't mess with opiates and I don't turn my back to problems.

This post is for me in another 15 years. But for anyone reading, understand our choices can really hurt. Us, those around us, and any stranger in our way.

To get better you have to dig deep and really make a decision. Get things back in your life that are important that you are unwilling to
sacrifice.

Stay positive and stop wasting time.

LIfe is incredible.

Originally Posted by playaforiife View Post
I have never been a big drinker, as i never liked feeling bad the next day. But i Still would continue to drink from time to time. Mostly as a socal deal, to relax, and be with friends.

Well i Can go forever without drinkin, and i never felt i had an issue.. I was wrong!

I Dont have an issue with binge drinking, and i dont get withdrawls, or a watery mouth over the thought. At this point in my life the thought of drinking makes my stomich hurt!

Turned 21, and went with friends a couple times and drank, probably more then i should have. But as a driver, i shouldnt have! Being 21 i felt i had this key to the city and i can now go behind the locked doors that i never got to experance in my past.

3rd time out i go to head home, and get pulled over for dui!

I have some friends who had delt with this so they shoot me a number to a great lawyer (for an ever greater price) Well 2 months later i decide, shoot i can drink im not additced... Well.. Red and blues. Im sitting at 21 and i have 2 duis. Well for the money on the layer i get them dropped, first to just a wreckless, and the second to a neg driving. (but theres a catch) Its a slow release neg.

So i take a 6 month class and stay clean for a year, and dont really give it any thought. Well this last weekend i drink for the first time since the last, and what happend?? i Get pulled over again!!!
So im 22 years old, and im gonna go to jail.

I still feel i am not an aditct, but very unlucky. But the pain from this is teaching me to make the decision, with good reason!

I can never drink again!

Everytime i wake up with a hangover that lasts years to come. And all i can think about is how quickly i am flushing my life away. I just want this all to be done but its not going away anytime soon, and im stuck re-living these moments for the rest of my life!

AHHHHH!!!