Thread: I'm scares
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 09:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sage1969
sage

Originally Posted by Strawbz11 View Post
Thank you. My sister told me today I've not been a good mum to my kids by still being affected by this. She said I'm always on my phone and messaging people and even if I'm out with the kids I am still on my phone. No idea how she knows as she never sees me. But my mum backed her up and said I've got to get over it now and stop talking about it to people. They've made me feel so alone and now I feel I have lost my family too. What is the point?
You won't be able to please everyone, and though your family means well (I hope!), perhaps if you can use a bit of gray - rocking with them, also, it might take some pressure off you.

They are your children, you know what to do to be a good parent. If you are using your phone for messaging or whatever, that's your business and no one else's.

Your family might not be the best support through all this . . . do you have access to AlAnon online meetings, or AlAnon's equivalent there for in - person meetings? It's going to be so much easier to get support from people like us who've been through what you've been through.

Like I said earlier, stay strong! You will get through this!