Old 07-10-2022, 11:50 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Graceful123

Sorry folks, I don't check this site nearly as often anymore.

To answer your question about slip-ups Dee: I've had a MUCH easier time controlling my cravings now that I've put in some time with sobriety. I don't look at alcohol anymore as a way to solve problems and don't immediately jump at the thought of drinking at the sign of first trouble. What I call "slip-ups" were actually planned outings where I meant to drink a few pints (for example for my 30th which was a few months ago). The problem is once you do have a drink, those initial issues do tend to kick in the next day (anxiety, uncontrolled emotions, the whole works).

I am super on track for full healing, but right now my biggest issue is spending quiet time alone. I feel uneasy on my days off when there is nobody around (my wife is elsewhere right now, so I have the house to myself). I think it's my body thinking that I should be fueling it with booze and vegging out at the couch but my sobriety says "no". I honestly just want to go back emotionally to my 20-year old self before I started drinking. Life was so easy. Booze is evil. Worst thing I've come across in my life hands down.