Old 07-06-2022, 03:14 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Graceful123

Originally Posted by CBS62 View Post
Betty and Graceful congrats on your 2 years! That is great!

I am having a bit of a hard time. My boatiness is still with me all the time. It is worse at night. I have a few days here and there where I wake up and it is gone for a day. But it is not linear. I seem to have had setbacks due to two dental surgeries. I had been doing better with my health anxiety but it is creeping up on me again. I also am thinking a lot about my mortality. Especially because I lost my brother in February and my mother in April. In general I am better than I was a year ago. I am able to exercise, work, go out in public, drive etc. I just want to get off this boat.
I'm sorry for your loss and for how you're feeling CBS. The boatiness SUUUUCKS. I noticed I get it when I'm overly anxious (public meetings, speaking in front of a crowd, being in a crowded place, things like that). I think it's somehow connected with alcohol-induced anxiety and GABA/Glutamate systems regaining balance (just an educated guess based on the literature I've read about this topic while withdrawing lol). Mine have significantly subsided but were still BRUTAL 1 year into sobriety. I do get them to this day but much better than last year. Hang in there, you've said yourself that you're feeling better than before, healing from PAWS is a process which I wish went along a lot faster.