View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 09:55 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Leshar

Originally Posted by Calmerwaters View Post
I’m going to flip this another way, Leshar, because I struggle with noise sensitivity too.

Neighbours are enjoying life. You should too. I’m practising flipping things upside down. I’m probably going to be annoying by suggesting the above, but I have terrible noise issues where I am and I try to turn the question back on myself. It’s a party, it’s one night, I don’t have to work tomorrow, they are young and having fun, they might be celebrating for reasons I’ll never know. The world doesn’t have to always be our way. It’s bloody annoying, but it’s my current challenge too.
Thanks, CW, I really appreciate your perspective. I read a post on another thread that opined that alcoholics often default to being restless, irritable and discontent, and that there is a feeling that someone, or something is not treating us right. I know that I am too often this way. Any change is perceived as a threat to my already fragile status quo. I want to blame, and not take responsibility for my own negative thoughts and actions. Time will tell with regard to the neighbours. I'm sorry that you have to deal with noise issues. Your attitude is admirable.
Sending you good wishes, and love to all the Julyers.