View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 02:20 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

2.5h on 3 walks with dog today. After a chance dog/vet show gave me a thought (!) and after a little google research...I purchased a muzzle lead accessory for dog. A halter that snugly fits around her muzzle, but she can still pant. It clicks together at the rear of her head, at the top of her neck. The leash snaps on a ringlet on the bottom of her muzzle. A marked improvement in behaviour. No lunging at other dogs, walks more closely to my side...
BUT the vet guy on TV was gently rebuking owners of a great dane that goes mental on walks. In Britain, such dog behaviour- if it causes distress to any people, can be put down. The vet told them that would be their fault, not the dogs. HeVincent thought about and painted his art, including technique. He failed miserably as an a got them on the right track. I kina worked out with my anxiety ridden blue heeler gentle, soft voice commands, praise good behaviour, just stand still on walks and wait for her to calm down, or ignore if unwarranted attention seeking behaviour- she kinda yowls- as a yodel. She's cool. Gonna build her and I up to 3h walking time daily. Following guidelines on keeping her fit and stimulated.
When she goes outside for misafternoon siesta, I sit outside and started studying. Reading letters written by Vincent V/G to his bro, Theo, who supported Vincent emotionally and financially and died of grief, overwork and stress 6months after Vincent died (shot himself in stomach, took a long time to die in Theo's arms). The letters, hundreds of them, give a real time idea of how he thought about his art, what he observed in his studies, relationships with colors and technique.
Vincent was a crap art student had to take this yearw to draw' book by a credible arist. After some serious google research, I found and downloaded a copy of the same 'how to' book. I then went to an officeworks, that printed and bound the letters and the how to book for a fraction of the cost on a nice book, No copyright issues.
I did, however treat myself to a very lovely book of Leonardo Da Vinvi's drawing. It comes with Leo's notes- that's adanced drawing study. I took study leave from art school this year 'cos of depression/anxiety. So study at home good- thanks to dog.
Attached Images