Old 06-27-2022, 10:40 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
sage1969
sage

Originally Posted by NewHeart View Post
Today I was talking to my co workers about my boyfriend and hus daughter. They both started talking about how if they did not have children they would be lonely in their 60s. They are in their 60s noe and they find people who do not have their own children sad and missing out.
Ouch! Talk about people projecting their expectations and fears onto you! Whatever they've got going on in their lives that they need to get "judgy" about others being sad and missing out -- red flag, this is how they feel about themselves. I would not want to go any further than that, what they said clearly tells me they have issues that are none of your business.

Originally Posted by NewHeart View Post
I can get on board of relaxing now in my 30s about being a step mom but I am afraid I will have serious regret if I don't take control and have one now before my fertility slips away so I have a meaningful life when I'm older and not feel lonely.

I was feeling better about relaxing into my life and now I feel silly and naive and missing out on the greatest experience of my life.
Don't for a minute allow other people to trample your peace. If you are making progress in your reality, and you feel comfortable in your current relationships with your boyfriend and his child, enjoy this time. Who knows, these relationships could become your family in the days, months, and years to follow. And loneliness? That is dependent on you. Having a child, spouse, family, you could have all those people in your life and still be lonely. It is the peace and enjoying the blessings you have in the present, today, that staves off loneliness.