View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 04:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by malikaduggan View Post
This week, I have told him he’s starting to look like an alcoholic. He insists he’s not. I’ve told him I’m very worried about drinking and driving. He says “im NOT drinking and driving!” So, I correct myself- “dui.”
Is he an alcoholic? He insists he is a normal drinker/toker. If so or if not, what can I do? Im not willing to live with someone drinking to excess on a regular basis. We otherwise have pretty good loving relationship.
Hi Malik. Well he drinks (a lot) and drives. This you know is an absolute fact. So he is either lying to you or to himself, or both. He insists he is a "normal" drinker, sure doesn't sound like it. Most people can't handle 8-10 drinks in a night, although that's not unusual for a person with a high tolerance for alcohol (like an alcoholic).

As Hawkeye said, your partner doesn't have a problem with his drinking, you do. So you are the one that will have to take action here (for you, not for him).

Im not willing to live with someone drinking to excess on a regular basis.
I think you answered your own question. There is nothing to be done. He's not going to quit drinking and you won't live with someone who is drinking to excess (which he is, another fact).

I know it's awful and I know it will hurt you, but, from what you have said you don't want to go down that path again and live with the drama and hurt.