Old 06-21-2022, 04:53 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
ClearPath64

The online meeting was enjoyable last night. I even stayed after for their virtual coffee shop, where I was able to introduce myself and tell a little bit of my story. Big step for me. Very welcoming group. I'm glad that I did it and plan to go back on Wednesday. If I'm truly going to change and evolve, I have to step outside my comfort zone and be a part of something, rather than always on the outside, looking in. Time will tell if this is the right group for me, but I will give it an honest effort.

I have to share the little 'day counter' mechanism that I set up for myself. I have a bowl sitting on my dresser with assorted loose change and my favorite copper mug sitting next to it. Each night that I go to bed sober, I take a penny from the bowl and drop it in the mug. A relapse would mean that the mug is emptied and I start all over. Last night saw me replace the four pennies with a nickel, signifying the end of Day 5. So there we go. A little silly, yes, but kind of satisfying to climb in bed after dropping that coin in the mug. Whatever works, right? One day at a time. Eyeballing the dime, which would signify my longest streak since I left you guys back in October. Then the dollar, which would be my longest streak since 2014. And onward and upward from there. I'm not going to get ahead of myself. Just do the work.

Wishing all of you a good day.

James