Old 06-15-2022, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

lzysusan......I am glad that you broke uo with him. I think that indicates that you have some semblence of self esteem. I believe that you did the right thing and that you are never wrong to put your own welfare first.
There is never a good reason to tolerate abuse, willingly.
Just because someone treats you welol, sometimes, does not give them a "free pass" to mistreat you at other times. Alcoholism is not a "free pass".

I have a couple of suggestions for you, if you are of a mind to do so....
1. Get a copy of the most recommended book on this forum---"Co-dependent No More". It is an easy read and I think that a lot of it will resonate with you.
2...It is not a good idea to argu with him about moving in with him or re-entering the relationship with him. On this forum, we say not to JADE You will never ever "win" and he will wear you down until he gets his way.
J. dON'T JUSTIFY YOURSELF
A Don't argue the point
D. Don't defend yourself
E. Don't explain yourself.

3. Go to the stickies section---just above the regular threads. Find the section called "Classic Readings". Begin rfeading the more than 100 articles that pretain to the issues that you are struggling with your boyfriend over. Read some every day.
You need to educate yourself about alvoholism and co-dependency. There is sooo much to know!!!

I am giving you the following article from the list that i mentioned, above. I think that you would benefit from the information in that article. I hope that you will read it.....lol.

10 Ways to Tell When an Addict or Alcoholic is Full of ****, reposted - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (10 Ways to Tell When an Addict or Alcoholic is Full of ****, reposted)