Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
elissa1962

Introduction

Hello All, I have been a member here for a long time, but I haven't posted much. I read all of your stories and find it very helpful. I am currently in a bad situation between my daughter (she's 29 and a recovering heroin addict). I say "recovering" because she is currently in a Methadone program and doing well. She really doesn't do any other form of counseling/meetings except what she gets at the clinic. She's been in the program for approximately 8 months. She came very close to death right before she got on the methadone. She is currently 6 months pregnant. Her boyfriend (25) and the father of her child is an alcoholic. He was in a life threatening accident one month ago and was told that he will probably never walk again. I don't know what I need from you people except a kind ear. I have been dealing with my daughter's addiction for many years and have done all the usual things, meetings, Co-Dependent No More, all of it. Right now I'm just really depressed/stressed waiting for the next disaster when the baby comes. I really don't know how these two are going to be as parents. He will be living with his parents and supposedly my daughter will be living with us and the baby. I feel she will probably go live with her boyfriend at his parent's house which greatly upsets me. I really feel he's not "done" with his drinking, even though it nearly killed him. Thanks for listening and any advice would be appreciated.