View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Brandy
Paused

You aren't alone

GinaD1026
As I read your post it sounded as if you were telling my story. I have only been married for 5 months and my AH didn't drink but a beer or so here and there. When we first started drinking he was a heavy drinker but after about a month he realized that I would not stay in that situation if he kept up his drinking, so he slowed down dramatically. We dated for over a year before getting married and I never dreamed he would have a problem with alcohol. But the night of our wedding and everyday since (except for 2) he has been drinking. You are not alone, remember that! I am so new at this, but I know these boards help tremendously. Also I am going to start going to f2f meeting this week (Alanon) and am starting therapy with a therapist today. Also I know you said you felt like you couldn't talk to your freinds about this because he has changed so much. I never did tell anyone for awhile, but I realize I need to accept reality and I shared with my best friend what was going on and that helped alot to get it out in the open. And she was very understanding, was only upset that I wasn't honest with her earlier. I want to you to know that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I don't want to give unsolicited advice so I thought I would share with you what I have done. I feel alot better than I use to.