Thread: Day one
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 04:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Clarity51

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
115 days, 4 months is a vulnerable time. Actually, it is from there on out. It's a good start, but there is something new now. You don't feel vulnerable, which makes you very vulnerable. So it's easy to take the drink, thinking that you are cured, or even when you know you are never cured, it feels like you're good enough at getting sober that you can "cheat" and get right back on track. You may this time too, which leads to feeling, "See, I can get right back on track," so now it's easier to do it again, and well,... you know where I'm going with this. Maybe you can get away with, but I will venture to say that the two days you spent boozing will take you longer to make up than two days to get back to where you were three days ago, even if you don't realize it.

Now after that lecture, I'm happy you're back, and I wish you all the best.
Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi Clarity! It's great that you came back. Sometimes we need further proof that we can't control it. Every time it's in my system it leads to disaster. I'm so glad we finally realize that. You can get free.
Hi, Hevyn! And thank you! Yes, this time was just like all the other times before it. Drinking has ceased to be fun for me. It's destructive and depressing! Today, I am free! And I am so grateful for the support system I have found in AA.