Old 06-05-2022, 08:07 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
VikingGF

CP- sorry to hear you are feeling off today- what do you do to get in a better head space? Does nature help, or reading or going out and being around people? I sometimes will go to a coffee shop and just people watch, just to feel somewhat connected. I'm not a loner, but I'm alone a lot of time, it's a tricky balance to figure out. I have found that coming here helps A LOT. I knew I'd be alone Friday night so I arranged that little party thread- it really did help. I have an online dating profile- but wow are the pickings slim! My friends are great, but they have lives and families and I am not one to glom on to things. As a lomg-time married person and then long relationship person, it's been QUITE an adjustment- but now I see other relationships differently, and the thought of not being able to get away and be ALONE at times would be too much for me. I hope you have a good day. I'm around if you need to chat- PM me anytime. That's true for any one of you, by the way. Anytime.

LHW and Bodhi- I wish I could understand people's motivations better- don't you? Seeing people for who they really are has become one of my past times, just out of sheer self-preservation. All I can say is that the good ones stick to your face like an octopus (this is my mantra with my BFF- I saw it once and it just rang true) and the rest, well, we don't need them anyway. I also strongly believe that people come and go for a reason- they come into our lives to teach us something, and when we learn it- we just don't have that desire to stay together. It's natural. I listen to stories of people with friends from kindergarten, and sorry, I think that's weird. Often they still have spats like children. I don't have time for that. I'm not saying you can't have old friends, but in my case they are usually the ones with a more narrow view of things, in my experience, and they are often unwilling to try new things or meet new people.

Free- I'm with you on the health/fitness train and doing well. Getting within actual reach of my goals and that's not something I EVER thought would happen. My cousin saw me on FB and called my mom and said- OMG- I don't even recognize Lisa! What is she doing? LOL. Maybe call ME, genius. I don't get people. I just don't.

It's another beautiful day, and I'm going to go make the best of it. I'd love to hang out today but no one seems to be around so I'll take the dog to a farmer's market and make conversation with some folks. She's an excellent ice breaker.

Enjoy your Sunday, love to all.