Old 06-05-2022, 07:51 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
VikingGF

Good morning!
I ended up not resting at ALL- ripped out some old container gardens, re-edged my brick patio (gained several square feet for living space) went to the plant store, spent waaaaay too much cash, but showered and watched a movie last night feeling very satisfied. I ALWAYS have music on- I don't like quiet- and while I was showering, Brandi Carlile's That Wasn't Me came on. Now, when I was drinking, I would listen wistfully to this song, full of remorse, regret and longing that I could be the person at the end of the song. So when the last stanza came up and those words washed over me, I cried. I finally cried. I cried for that poor, lost Lisa who couldn't save herself and I cried with happiness because when I sang "That will be me" it was REAL. I have come so far, we all have. Drinking didn't even occur to me yesterday, and doing yardwork or finishing a task without that "reward" was unthinkable a year ago. Gratitude is flowing, baby. Real, rich, luscious and abundant gratitude, served up with a healthy dose of humility and self-awareness.

Brandi Carlile - That Wasn't Me (Video) - YouTube