Old 06-05-2022, 05:49 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Bodhi02

Hey all! Busy weekend over here so just getting a chance to catch up.

LHW- I’ve been going through similar situations with friends so I’m glad you’re sharing about your experiences. I too have noticed that I’ve outgrown people or the relationship has fizzled out but for whatever reason have a hard time letting go. I still want to reach out and try to repair things, make the connection better, or just even sift through the memories and the negative feelings/thoughts that come up. Friendships is something I’m really diving into because I have patterns of being friends with people but not really feeling like I belong. I have an insecure attachment style where I attach too quickly and don’t even ask myself is this a person I want to be friends with? And by the time I realize oh this person really isn’t a good fit for me it’s too late I’m already attached. I think for me a few things come into play:

1. low self-esteem/low self-worth
2. relying on external validation
3. the belief that having a lot of friends= I’m cool and normal (which is exactly how I felt about alcohol - interesting 🧐 )

Got a lot of work to do on the friend front and as I shed people who aren’t a good fit or healthy for me I’m fighting against the urge to quickly make more friends to replace those people and focus on my relationship with myself so that I make friends with people who are right for me. I never really knew myself before and I’m just starting to now so of course I would make friends with people who aren’t right - I didn't even know my preferences and had no standards.

Free- love the quotes you shared and I’m in awe of all of your activities! #lifegoals!

CP- I’ve never been to Kansas City and don’t know too much about the area. I’ve spent a lot of my time on the east coast and some time on the west coast I’ve got to get more acquainted with the Midwest!

Viking- hello! Glad to hear you’re having a quiet week and are feeling yourself!!

Today will be a nice relaxing day after a fun busy weekend. My husband gets home from Atlantic City today after being down there for his cousins bachelor party. Can’t wait to see him and I know Boatie can’t wait either. Gotta get some grocery shopping done, there’s a music festival in a park within walking distance I might check out with a few friends, and hopefully we can finish Stranger Things tonight.

Have a great day all!!