Old 06-05-2022, 04:55 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Thanks for the suggestions, Free! Mr. LHW has tons of friends and they are all very nice. A few of them are in the process of moving away to be closer to their children and grandchildren. I guess that happens at our age! Fortunately, he is meeting some nice guys at our golf club who call him to play from time to time. I'm glad because he often plays alone. It's strange..he finds an open spot on the tee sheet where there might be 1-2 other people playing so he puts himself in and then they immediately cancel or move to another time slot. I still shrug my shoulders over that. I thought belonging to a golf club would help you to make friends. And I will add, he is very good...a 5 handicap so it's not like they check him out and he is a 39 handicap and don't want to play with him. Oh well. He takes it all in stride.

I agreed to play in a Member/Guest tournament this coming week with a gal who I used to be very good friends with years ago. We lost touch after I moved to Florida and when I moved back here, we really never connected again despite my attempts. For some reason, she called me out of the blue last week to see if I wanted to play as her guest in this tournament. My suspicion is whoever she had asked previously backed out, because it is late in the game to invite someone to such a tournament. Anyway, I accepted but now am second guessing that decision. I haven't played in a few weeks and this tournament is very competitive. I told her I would play but if the pressure is intense to actually win the tournament I would rather not. Last time I played in this tournament (not with her), I played horribly and my team came in dead last. The gal who invited me to that was very upset and the other 3 ladies were so nasty about our standing that I went home and cried that night. Mr. LHW told me to just go play and try to have a good time and reconnect with some of the ladies. We will see. Can't back out now.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend.

LHW