Thread: Day one
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Primativo

I also have to Echo DriGuy's words. I did 4 months once, and relapsed. I felt that if I could get sober "so easily" (it really wasn't easy at all of course), then I could easily drink again and then quit again if I wasn't "cured". That was just under four years ago. I haven't made it to 4 months since. A relapse should not be under estimated. It isn't so simple as just getting back on the wagon, because when you reawaken the beast, the cravings are back in full force, and you can easily find that it takes a year just to be able to get back to even a week sober again. That said, just because it took me so long, it didn't mean it will for everyone and you can make this last your last relapse ever. I just went back to being a drinker and whilst I knew deep down I wanted and needed to quit drinking, I delayed it...I thought I could get away with being a drinker for a bit longer. Until of course the consequences started getting so bad that it got to the point where I wanted to quit more than I wanted to drink, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, drinking was bringing bad things to all elements of my life and to be honest, I didn't enjoy drinking anymore in al honesty, it made me feel ill.

I am now more determined than ever not to slip and make the same mistake again.