Old 06-04-2022, 07:06 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Free2bme888

Ahhh, LHW, S and R sounds like our L and P. They came to our wedding last year, and before that we saw them in December of 20, then skied with them once by accident in February. They just happened to ski near us, then we hung out. We got married in July. All inquiries were met with ‘we have family in for a month’, we have so much company, we are remodeling, we are going with friends on a trip then, etc, etc, yada yada yada. We made dinner plans in November, it was good, but there was no chemistry. In March P saw me in town for her car. I asked one last time. Oh, it won’t be until May, we have solid company until then.

Done. They are heavy drinkers, my hubby is not, they are potheads, we are not. Same thing, pretentious, feel they are superior. No thanks.

We have actively sought out new friends that have similar interests, and being introverted that’s tough, but realize friends help us live longer, and help infuse meaning and purpose into our lives.

Our valley has an over fifty club, and there are sports and social events to go to. This year I volunteered us to lead seven hikes. We went on a snowshoe in March And met a couple who like golfing and hiking. Not too available, and not too clingy.

I also volunteer at a local live theater as usher. It’s been great at meeting new people, and our days have been packed.

Big hugs to you 😍🥰😘, maybe there are some ideas there?