Old 06-03-2022, 09:02 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Good Morning everyone.

Boo on the insurance with the house, Free. I wonder if there is anything like FEMA that you could look into? I know that some people who have beach houses on the water have to go that route because they can't get any of the standard insurers to touch it. That's a beautiful view you have there!

Bodhi, I agree with Free -- just go cry in the ladies room and get it out. I did that many times over the years. I hope you feel better today. Thanks for the tip on the background of the Barnes Foundation. I do remember reading that his wishes really were not honored and that's a shame.

CP - sounds like a nice plan you have for the day. I used to travel to KC for work. Wish I could recall the name of that great take out BBQ place I used to go to. I also need to get my butt in gear and go walk, but it is super humid out. Mr. LHW suffered from heat exhaustion yesterday while playing golf. It was scary! I think I will probably wait till later on and just stay in the air conditioning today. When I read of heat advisories and it says to make sure the elderly stay inside, I never thought it would apply to us!

I'm feeling a bit down today. Another friend has ghosted me. I'm not sure what is going on or why. Just out of the blue, no responses to texts, phone calls, blocked on Facebook, etc. This has happened to me a lot over the years. I think I am a good friend to people but my friend list definitely has dwindled over the years and often I never know the reason why. Mr. LHW says then they were not friends if it just ended that way...they were acquaintances. It's hard to not let it bother me despite trying to put it out of mind. I didn't sleep all last night. But not knowing why alwlays hurts.

On a similar note, last night, Mr. LHW and I had dinner with my friend "S" and her husband "R". S and I have been friends for about 15 years. We were widowed around the same time many years ago and she remarried in 2018. She married a guy so unlike her deceased husband and so unlike her, too! Anway, I met Mr. LHW in 2019 and so the four of us get together every now and then for dinner and we even visited them at their home in Florida this past winter. However, last night at dinner, it became clear that we probably have simply outgrown the friendship. R is very pretentious and very much a showboater. Always having to tell you how much he sold his boat for, how much he paid for his new car, how much he paid to renovate their home, how many commercial properties he owns and how much money he makes, how many homes they have, how much he pays his ex-wife in alimony, blah blah blah. He never stops talking about himself and all of his expensive possessions. If Mr. LHW or I try to talk, he whips out his phone and starts scrolling, and acts like he is working on some big deal. He shows zero interest in anything we have to say. I had recommended a certain restaurant for them to try recently and so I asked if they tried it. I was shocked when my friend S said they didn't try it as they prefer a "more upscale" restaurant. I realized right then and there that this friendship probably will go by the wayside too but that is okay. I know it would be painful to continue. Me and S really don't have anything in common anymore since she married R and the life I have with Mr. LHW is so much simpler than theirs. And we like our life! So when they got in their car and said they had a very busy summer and to "stay in touch", I know they felt the same way. And that is okay. At least I know when it becomes apparent I probably won't hear from them much, if at all, going forward. Nor will I reach out either because I just don't like being in R's company and S has changed so much. Mr. LHW said I can't fit a round peg into a square hole and should just grieve the loss of the friendship and move on. I wish it was that easy. Letting go of anything is very hard for me.

Anyway, time to pull myself out of the funk. There is a LOT to be thankful for and I need to focus on that. Like our little class here! I am very greatful and thankful to have you all.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

LHW

PS - the modified 75 day challenge is proving to be quite challenging. We made it one day with the 2x/day exercising....