Thread: Refuge
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
trailmix

I think it's a great idea to go to a women's refuge for a few reasons. First, as Bute mentioned, they have resources they can put you in touch with, that's so important, second, you will get support that will also help.

I didn't do what you did but I did get divorced, sold my house (so yes, I had some money), I had no job and moved in to an apartment with my Son. First things first I went to an agency and took the first job they offered. It was incredibly boring, looking up items on microfiche and copying them but the group was nice and it gave me immediate employment.

I eventually found a job in my field, so I was paid better and bought a house, rented that out for a year to others and etc etc. It just takes some time to get situated.

So it wasn't easy, I did have a foot up financially which you may not, but you are going to be ok. You are very brave to venture to the refuge, but they will be kind to you and they will understand exactly what you have gone through, so while it might be a bit nerve wracking, hang in there, it will turn out ok.