Thread: Healing
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 09:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
woodlandlost

One for me is related to boundaries also. I would call it my ability to keep my mouth shut, say nothing, avoid conflict at all costs. Then I would take my frustration out on someone who didn't deserve it....or overshare with someone totally inappropriate. I have taken a step this week to finally do something about a problem with a neighbour. I have ben tolerant, agreeable, helpful, but I was doing that in order to avoid saying how I really feel or to take action. I took action, reasonable and appropriate. I wonder if I can manage the potential conflict that may come and this is practice to let go of the POTENTIAl outcome of my actions. I learned from my upbringing that I had very little of value to contribute, I was the baby and why would anyone listen to me? I was told my actions and directions were wrong, my friends were bad, on and on. I spent 10 years or so accepting someone doing something harmful and said nothing until I could. Bottom line, recovery is slow and I "pray" I can stay with it. Thanks for the awesome thread. Love hearing what people are experiencing in their recovery.