Old 05-18-2022, 10:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by SheIsStrong View Post
It feels like it’s happening all over again with my mum re her spiralling.
Hi Sheis. Have you heard the saying, you didn't Cause it, can't Control it and can't Cure it (the 3 c's). This applies to people you know with addictions. You can't control your Mom, she is going to do what she is going to do.

Now, I don't know your family dynamic, but if you wanted to confront her about your worry, why not do that? Her reaction to that is also out of your control, but then you will have done all you can. Let her know she can talk to you about getting help if she would like to perhaps?

Then keep hunting for that job and move out as quickly as possible! I'm sure that is probably your plan anyway? You really do need support as well, do you have Al Anon in your country? If so I would really recommend al-anon meetings, they have them online as well. You also have support here at SR.

https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings...onic-meetings/

There is also a book most often recommended in the family and friends forum - Codependent no more, by Melody Beattie, you might find it helpful as it has a lot of information about boundaries in relationships etc, which can help you navigate this.