View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
letsdance

Hi, everyone. I want you all to know how grateful i am for having this group. I feel that i have been in every single monthly group here for years but never have gotten sober. This time is different. I feel it. This is my first step to being free forever this time. I used to join knowing full well i wasn't going to stay sober. How stupid right? I thougth that i could still indulge here and there, that if i went on vacation it didnt matter, that if i had a bad day i was allowed to drink, birthday meant drinking etc...

I have been through so many things that should have made me choice easy years ago. DUI was the biggest one. I didn't drink for two months that time. But yet here i am again. I have been a horrible spouse too. Bad mom, bad friend etc. I ruined so much in my life. So what has finally been my wake up call? Well my son who is 13 and my husband all went on a 5 day vacation where my husband and i both over indulged on 2 of those 5 days. We got into a huge fight as usually and my son was in the middle of it once again. The poor kid has seen things he never should have. my son finally broke down and yelled at us and he talked to me honestly about how he feels and it shook me to my core. I grew up with an alcoholic mother and vowed i would never be like her, yet here i was being her! Its just shook me. Yes he has expressed himself before but not like this. He aint getting any younger and i know i am messing him up. This is stopping now!

Honestly i could write a book here... so i will just sum this up with a heck ya to 10 days of soberiety! Thank u all.