View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 09:48 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Leshar

BTG,
Take care of yourself as you return to work. Your resilience is admirable.

Well, I'm out. I can't do this sobriety thing. 4 years, and I didn't grow. I will never not mourn my husband. I was berated yesterday at a Theatre Board meeting for being so vehemently opposed to Plaza Suite. The director had complained apparently about my comments, in particular, to the board, even though two other committee members had similar reservations. it's just because I'm a woman and he's a bully.
It was entirely unpleasant. Theatre used to be such a kick for me.

Then I get a photo text from my sister showing her, husband, and my brother and his wife arriving at the Irish mansion b and b they've rented for my brother in law's birthday bash. Other family members on his side arrive soon. No text attached. Just the photo. All the while knowing she didn't invite me. I will always be lonely. I've tried with many things, and it isn't working for me. Theatre is a source of tension now. Chronic treatment resistant depression and every treatment modality you can imagine with limited, no lasting effects.
Lost two friends because they don't like me not drinking.
So, I'm exiting the class, as I don't qualify. Good luck to you all. My thoughts are with you, BTG.