View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

awuh, I agree this is a sound approach for people outside the family, particularly those for whom I may have caused some sort of material/financial damage. In my view, the relationship of mother-to-child is vastly different from that of an authority figure. Once we get beyond the first stages of healing, I can see calmly saying, "I would give anything to be able to repair the damage I've done," then ask if there is anything. In the meantime, I think the best thing to do is to continue to be here, available, not drinking, working on developing better understanding and insight.

I've been cleared to return to work Monday. The only outstanding bit is that my doctor put a start date of 4/1 on my Family & Medical Leave paperwork. My first day out was 3/28, so I think that was an oversight and have requested that be changed. And of course, I will need to have the return-to-duty discussion with my manager. A week ago, I was dreading this. That's been tamped down to mere queasiness now.

Attended an AA meeting via Zoom today and soon remembered why I'm not particularly fond of that one. No matter. There's one at noon that I do tend to appreciate, so maybe I'll put in an appearance there.

Feels like another rest day to me, though I do feel the first stirrings of restlessness in the offing. This is good - it will spur me to actually get outside and do something soon. In the meantime, I can write, read, think and perhaps even vacuum (!). Yesterday was laundry day. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for actually changing the bed linens and showering.