Old 03-29-2022, 09:40 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
advbike

I commented earlier in the thread to say that I felt he was using you, based on the situation you described, but you figured it out. Please don't beat yourself up so much, or get the wrong message - that all men are users, or sex before marriage is bad, or that you were badfor enjoying sex with the man you loved. You did nothing wrong, and once your boundaries were crossed you knew it and reacted appropriately, by questioning his behavior.

The progression from dating to marriage is a continuum of getting to know another person, and physical and emotional intimacy are a natural part of that - a wonderful part of being human and in a loving relationship. The key here is "loving". Abuse is not loving. So it would seem that rather than setting hard and fast rules about future commitments, the important thing is to remain open to a loving relationship, communicate your boundaries as it progresses and see how it goes. Have fun and enjoy. Certainly sex is about more than procreation.

EDIT - we posted around the same time, and I just saw your above post - that's much better thinking! Be loved for you, not your fertility. You are worth so much more than that.