Old 01-12-2006, 08:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Irondoorknob

Hi Stacey,

I know that being patient is really hard to do. It is my biggest obstacle. But after I read HG's post, I have renewed hope for my relationship. **HG that was a great post.**

It has been a very difficult six weeks since my AH came out of recovery. We have good days and bad days. The good are nice and the bad push all of my insecurity and trust buttons. In other words, they are hell. But I am hanging in there and can see that things are getting better, VERY SLOWLY.

I have changed my thinking on the timetable I had in my head when he got out. I thought we would reconcile and he would move back in in a month or two. I now realize that I need to adjust to a much slower pace. I am thinking in terms of years, not months.

Given my new realizations about the process of recovery, I have shifted the focus more to me. I am attending Al-Anon meetings regularly (one week now), and am trying to identify things that I like to do again. I somehow lost that during the past few years. I hope that it will help me stay centered and put some fun back into my life.

This is a good forum, so please keep posting. It helps to feel like you're not alone.