Old 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

NewHeart.......I think I understand your struggle with the concept that you are only a complete woman/person unless you are married and produce babies.
I believe that you have internalized the messages that you have received from your environment---and the key influencers--within that environment. It makes sense, to me, that, if you were taught that---that you would accept that and internalize that.
You are certainly not alone. Down through time, women have been taught this message---all across the world.
It is a reality that this is a Sexist world!!

Personally, I suspect that your constant discomfort with this concept may be your own inherit sense of self telling you that ----there must be More!

I think that you deserve to be exposed to what I will call "feminist thought"----so that you can appreciate what edoering has so simply and clearly talked about in her post to you.

I suggest that you need exposure to a different environment and different people---especially different women and peers----so that you can see that you have choices in this world as to how to grow into your own unique potential....and how to love yourself and honor your self and value yourself----no matter what!

I think you may have to be brave enough to open yourself up to new ideas and be willing to live in some different environments and connect to some different peers.
You will not be completed by just "getting a man".....you will be completed in maturity by developing within your own Self.

Your journey in life is not yet completed----unless you want it to be and stop growing.