View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 07:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MrPL

Originally Posted by adair View Post

Over the last couple of decades, alcohol has built up a distorted personality in myself. As alcohol is removed, the 'fake' alcohol-flavored personality/identity collapses and I am left standing in a pile of mental debris. Who I am now that I'm sober?

I will never be perfect - far from it - but if I'm patient, I can become someone I will be happy living with.
Nice reply adair! I totally get this, I think the drinking years also stopped me from becoming who I’m meant to, which is why it was difficult to understand it when I stopped.

I don’t think perfection is the aim, I don’t even know what it means, for me it’s all about the reality of my experiences. Doing things that truly mean something, being around people that mean something, it get s very philosophical but in summary I think this meaning is impossible to define in words, but also impossible to not recognise once found.

So life for me now is this endless search for more meaning. It ll never be 100%, but they makes the journey itself meaningful