View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Saskia

DD, great to hear you are quitting smoking! I did that in 1983 - cold turkey, too. For the first month I walked and walked and walked, constantly repeating to myself “faith, family, friends” as a reminder of why I quit. The first month was tough but it definitely got easier!

I do feel at peace - I wasn’t surprised when this happened. When I had heart failure when I was 54, my heart was very seriously enlarged. I could theoretically go for the CRT-P outside of insurance but have decided not to. Doc said it’s about the price of a new Mercedes and of course total cost would be up from that and unpredictable. I don’t need a fancy car in my chest He is keeping tabs and will do the procedure as soon as I qualify.

There are worse ways to go, i think. I will be very well looked after here at the OFH. I didn’t expect to live as long as I have and I am very grateful for that. More, having quit smoking and alcohol have made an enormous difference in how I feel about myself. I’m not planning on exiting this life anytime soon but decided to let you all know in case of a sudden situation when I wouldn’t be able to let you know.

Thanks to all for your support!

Much love