Old 03-07-2022, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Dalia97 View Post
Is there a chance for change? Or will it really only get worse? I don't know where to look for help. Or is it better to leave? Should I tell him something? Or just...block?
Hi Dalia, glad you found soberrecovery, lots of support for you here.

If you really dislike being around someone who is drunk/hungover/drinking, then yes, it would be best to no longer see him, don't you think?

You can't really help him, you have told him clearly how you feel and that you would like him to be sober for at least a year (alcoholics who want to quit can never drink again by the way, once addicted that addiction never leaves and to drink means - getting back in to drinking). He is not willing to do that, so really why would you stay.

People who drink to excess or alcoholics (not sure if he is one or not but sounds like he does have a serious drinking issue) will quit when they are ready to and not before.

You have told him so now telling or asking him over and over is just hounding or nagging and it won't help and will probably just make you very unhappy when he doesn't do as you wish.

I wouldn't block him without saying anything (but that's just because I think that very cruel), but tell him you no longer wish to speak to him and perhaps wish him well?