Old 02-05-2022, 03:18 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
We went to the opening of the Buddhist Temple a few towns over this morning and it was magnificent. Remember my new best friend Buddhist who helped us with information the other night? Well, when we arrived (at 8 am) we had to park at a ski hill parking about 4 miles away and my new best friend Buddhist followed us and gave us a ride back to the main park...saying the shuttle should be running by the time we left.

The statues were gorgeous. We climbed and climbed up hills to see the grounds (ponds and gardens are yet to be finished) and finally hopped on a cart shuttle to the temple at the top. It is gorgeous but we couldn't get in to see the inside because importance dignitaries were coming for the formal opening and security was everywhere. But I got some good pics and met some very nice people and after about 3 hours we decided to head out (thousands had headed in by now). When we got to the gate...no shuttle. We would have to wait another 2 or 3 hours until all the ceremonies were over....so we decided to walk.

We walked and walked about 3 1/2 miles and I whined and whined and we walked some more. About a half mile from the parking lot a police officer who was working the opening, stopped in his car to offer us a ride...in the back...where criminals sit...and me without my Clorox Wipes! Actually, he had a big box of park stuff on the front seat so there was not other option and I was really really glad to get a ride, even if I had to ride in his trunk.

We hopped in, well crawled in, it's teeny weeny space back there and my handbag almost didn't fit. He drove us right to our car (big lot) and posed for a picture for me before he left.

Bubba and Ann's Excellent Adventure was fun and worth the walk and I don't hurt too much after a lazy afternoon.....

Some strange queeny with one of the little Buddhas....

Office Friendly, I was never so glad to get a ride after walking almost 4 miles....

.........and then.......

This is what the back of a police car looks like...no foot room, no handbag room, just a teeny area behind bars. He laughed when I took a picture and said most people who "ride" back there don't have cameras. The reflection is Bubba's hand, lol, he got the bullet proof glass side, I got the bars.