Old 02-05-2022, 02:46 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
chicory

This is the original post by Ann, of the famous and fearful 'Blackened Lasagna' I didn't copy it right, but I found it and here it is!

http://Angry Killer Lasagna
Ohhhh lordy, I have a horrifying killer blackened lasagna whine. I picked up a nice take-out caesar salad for dinner and put a frozen veggie lasagna in the oven to bake. I always put it on broil for just a minute or so at the end so the top is nice and brown...follow me here. So, the lasagna was done, I took my oven mitts and picked it up to take it out of the oven....and it caved and the entire lasagna slid into my very hot oven...on the door, on the racks and on the burner and bottom. It gets worse... I turned off the oven as the lasagna started to spark (from hitting the burner at the bottom of the oven) and burn and smoke...then the smoke alarm went off so I had to open windows. It's cold outside so I now have a freezing cold condo with burning lasagna sizzling and spitting at me. I tried shoveling it out to the floor (so at least it would stop smoking) and a big piece landed on my foot and burned it...I'm hopping now and have a kitchen that looks worse than Fandy's, no dinner and an alarm that doesn't know when to stop. Bubba looked terrified, I don't know if he was afraid of the killer lasagna or me. He offered to help but what could he do? Once I finally cleaned up the mess he did have the decency to wipe out the now-cool oven and then spray it with oven cleaner, promising to clean it all out in the morning when I go to work (he's off tomorrow). No wonder I hate cooking, you just never know when you will be attacked by a killer lasagna.

__________________ I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. ~Og Mandino