View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 11:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Hodd

I’ve got these nice Wellingtons for walking. It’s much much more tiring to walk in wellies all day. I think I did 30000 steps one day this week! Exhausted!

I didn’t see that memorial, but it does ring a bell. Funnily enough, whilst driving - my car stereo isn’t the greatest - I heard the end of the shipping forecast. Some areas this week were “cyclonic”! Those fishing boats aren’t big, and the potential danger they’re in if the weather turns is scary. Back to mousehole, there’s the story of the mousehole cat

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mousehole_Cat

Any plans? A part time job would kill two birds in getting some money in and cutting back on the spending. One thing my drinking days taught me is that the likes of us shouldn’t be left to our own devices. I’d prefer a few controls in my weekly routine such as getting up to go to a yoga class, etc. I think genuine 100% retirement isn’t a good option, especially for us. We mightn’t drink again, but we’d slip into other bad habits. Maybe a part-time job or a training course? You’d be surprised what you can do now you’re sober.