Old 07-21-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Just a little update on my job. I love the job, I love the work. However, we have 2-3 real bullies that create such a toxic atmosphere. I don't want to be in their clique because I don't associate with mean, toxic people. They see me (and others) as weak because we are fair, kind and honest. If they can make us feel bad about ourselves, they feel better about themselves. The sad part is the big boss is aware of this and has done nothing to stop it. They do their jobs well, she needs them as no one has been trained to do what they do. It would really leave her in a bind if they left.

I can ignore them, although it doesn't make for a happy work environment. But I can not ignore when they lie or are mean to others. Is that my codependency rearing its head?

My friends tell me to look for another job because life is too short and nothing is going to change. It's been going on well before I got there. But I like the work, I like my clients, the money is good and I will not them win. Not sure what to do.

All opinions welcome.