Old 01-13-2022, 07:15 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
TheSoberNord
Better late than never

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
I thought the sugar thing was a fluke, but still no sugar and I'm still fine. I can't touch caffeine, and even decaf a few days in a row will bother me. I'm getting weary of herbal tea! I really want a big, pistachio latte from Starbucks, but I would pay the price for that. Oh, well.
Sugar is a tricky one. I found out the more I cut it out the better I would feel. Sometimes I could get away with a treat here and there but it's better just to steer away from it completely since much like my drinking I'm not the type just to have one cookie or doughnut and walk away. And also for the next 3 days or so after having sweets my appetite goes through the roof and I want to eat more even after having a filling meal. And actually I found even after having decaf coffee I get the same way if I drink to much of it for a couple days so I have to stagger it to just a few cups a week. I know what you mean though I miss drinking real coffee, herbal tea gets boring fast.

@BettyP Congrats on the 18 months! I know it's been hard, ain't nothing about this easy. I'm a few days away from 21 months and life continues to feel like it's getting normal. I still get my irrational anxieties popping up but now it's like something in my head is starting to take over and say you know this isn't that big of a deal. I was going through my sober journal from this time last year since I remember I was in a very hellish place and talk about bringing back some bad memories! But it got me thinking how now even when I'm having a not so great day that I would of traded it for one of my bad days then and I would of thought I was having a good day!