Thread: Dating Again
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 02:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Triggered

Met my wife online. Thank goodness it turned out well. Trust me...for every 'WYD' theres a 'it's my birthday, do you have paypal?' lol. Like others have said, don't take that nonsense too seriously, lots of guys are there for instant gratification or are just too lazy to make an effort. But dont forget these sites and apps are designed like conveyor belts, many guys will usually act accordingly and it's set up for them to do exactly that.

What I would say to anyone serious about finding a partner online is to follow a few simple rules and guides to stay safe and also get the most out of your experience:

Do not under any circumstances send money to anyone

Do not make promises you cant keep (sounds silly but this can often be a sign that youre overly eager to please, scammers love to see this)

If and when you do meet someone you like, remember that the most valuable currency online isssss.......wait for itttttttt....

Time

Scammers HATE you wasting their time, flakes and the WYD's dont have the commitment necessary and players have just too many balls in the air. Lots of people can spend an evening chatting, when theyre missing or make excuses the next day, it's never a good sign

Myself and my future wife spent hours on skype every day before we decided to meet and there was never a sense of anything rushed or inconvenient...it was a year before we actually met face to face

Stay safe, with a bit of savvy and common sense the laws of average means you'll find someone genuine, good luck