View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 12:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
My 10 year marriage, 11 year relationship with my alcoholic husband ended abruptly after he tested positive for COVID19 and passed away on 12/15/21. I've been devastated because I truly loved him and I accepted him for being who he was. I had a lot of self love in place for when he was actively drinking. It took me a long time to get to that place but I achieved it.

I am taking the next year to figure out who I am as a person. I know who I am as a mother and I knew who I was as a wife. I do not know who I am as a single, independent woman.

I have a solid career in the Department of Corrections as a Correctional Officer and I plan to retire from the DOC as it provides for me. We just bought a new home in July of 2020 after losing everything in a house fire and we just installed a brand new inground pool. I have 3 dogs that keep me busy and I'm not really interested in picking up another "man" if at all. I'm just looking to get through this grief and put my life back together after losing my mom, my dad, my husband and everything we owned over the last 3 years. Its been rough to say the least.

Good luck on your future endeavors.
Wow Rotz, that is one hell of a lot of loss even for this forum that is about loss. I'm so so sorry take time to grieve.

Did your AH have comorbidities? I remember you but not much of your story.