View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 03:05 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Misc72

5 days in. Just had a call from a friend who spent the day at the bar yesterday for football. He says his car was parked sideways in the spot and he is embarrassed because this is a condo community at the beach (I also own a condo in same community, but it is a second home so I'm not there currently). He is my drinking friend. But I love him also like family. But our common connection is partien. I've told him I'm not drinking but I think he forgets because he is already asking me if we go get drinks as soon as I get back to my own condo at the beach in the same community. My instinct goes to the good times we have. It is so much fun and I still want to maintain our friendship but it won't be the same. I feel a loss and sadness like someone is dying because I can't seem to think it will be the same if I'm not also drinking. This isn't my first rodeo I know how it goes. Am I really missing out? Maybe he wants to change and I can be the beacon of light? This is going to get really difficult when I get down there. Everyone is my age, no kids or empty nest and care free beach bums... (Although, we are all smart property owners so not really bums).