View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AldenSchooner

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Please leave his family alone. Instead, ask yourself for forgiveness, and the grace to let go.
This comment affected me in a way I didn't expect. 100% honesty here - I don't and will never have sympathy for his family. I need to leave them alone because any attempted contact with them is a) futile, and b) not good for me. I'm still trying to figure out what my agenda is. The idea popped into my head, and I don't want it to happen again.

Working hard to forgive myself for not having the sense to stay away from him in the first place because he caused me nothing but heartache. I am slowly making progress in letting it go, but I don't know if you can ever completely let go?

I apologize if I sound like I don't think your advice is sound as hell. It is. But I perceived a tone of "his poor family, leave them alone". I don't think of them very often, and eventually they'll be put away in a box in my mind, never to be reopened. Because I can never forgive them. However, I am trying mightily to forget them.