View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 06:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Triggered

For me, it's clear that your bf is running out....running out of options, running out of excuses, running out of money, running out of time and unless he starts to think and act differently, he's running out of capacity to maintain any kind of positive relationship and that by implication means he is running out on you. He will lie and obfuscate and prevent honest discussion to avoid the self inventory that he desperately needs but cant see. I've said this in another post but I think it's apt in your situation too: Sometimes all that an active addict has left is his own ego. Since he has all but run out of options, his ego will take over and denial, seemingly irrational thought and behaviour, obstinance and self isolation will be the result. Most likely he will have an attack of the 'poor me's'.... poor me....Im not good enough to be your bf, poor me....im a waste of space and I cant burden you with my ****. All those are the desperate last throws of the dice of his ego. They are also quite an effective means to control your emotions towards him so take heed.

It's been said already in this thread, you are not the one who is addicted. You can educate yourself as much as you like... and its commendable that you do... but the last line of every book on addiction will mean the same thing.... Addiction is a disease of the self. It is literally impossible for you to do this for him.