Thread: We Talked ..
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 03:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LovelyKaya33333

Originally Posted by Payne9 View Post
Thank you for sharing that . I did at one point tell him sorry for trying to control his drinking and his drinking is none of my business. To which he said “ yes it is sort of” I also reminded him it was not me that called him an alcoholic, it was him that says that . He said “ I know , you don’t have to point out that, I know what I said” his tone changed when he said this and I immediately changed the subject because I’m so emotionally exhausted I was not going to argue. I did notice he always tells me to “ take it easy” or “ relax”. I’m just noticing things more. He says the same phrases, I’m sure I do too. It is hard because we don’t hate each other. He knows he’s an alcoholic, we’ve had drawn out fights over it , but not once did he say he wanted to quit. So I don’t know how he’s going to be “ working on himself” when he’s drinking alone at home. I know I have so much to learn and unlearn. Because I still feel for him because I’ve seen the potential but I can’t live my life off of potential, especially because I have children .
My exAH told me he was "working on himself" and "working on his drinking"... that is when we were just boyfriend and girlfriend.. the same sentence echoed through out out engagement, marriage and divorce... he is always "working on it"...it was 7 years of him "working on it"... it was a line to appease me ... please don't me be... it was a very sad downword spriral life