Thread: We Talked ..
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 12:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leftinthedust

The one time I was able to talk to (she said talk “at”), without her hanging up on me, was Halloween. She’d been in inpatient rehab since early July. All she could say when I asked her questions was “you only want to rehash the past”. I was really looking for info on how the bank account had been drained in Sept via her “locked up” debit card.

I guess what I’m getting at, is it seems like our qualifiers look at timeframes differently than we do. Mine hasn’t called back except to try to dialog with our minor daughter (who she promptly hung up on after getting what my AW must have deemed too intrusive). 2 months may not be long enough. What I’m finding is that the longer I go with zero, I mean ZERO contact, (block all social media, ignore mail, anything that connects to her) the easier my life is getting by super small increments. But, still seems to be improving. I’ve got a shirt history with this stuff, and am trying to take folks’ advice here to stay in my own lane and detach. I think it’s good advice for us looking in from the outside to take to heart.