Old 12-07-2021, 01:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Indisposed

I think you handled it perfectly to be honest with you. She should be putting all her efforts into her soberty right now, and the relationship might serve as a distraction for her or trigger feelings that might cause her to relapse.

I know she didn't exactly tell you what you wanted to hear, but at least she being honest with you and upfront about everything going on with her. Also be thankful that she didn't cheat on you, or have feelings for someone else.

Just go with the flow at this point, and see how often she gets ahold of you, or wants to put effort into maintaining contact. The last thing you want to do is overwhelm her after she came out and said all those things about needing to focus on herself. She was being honest when she said she didn't expect you to wait, but telling her you would shows how much she means to you. When her mind gets healed a little more in recovery, she may flip script and want to continue your relationship. Only time will tell.

Things will work out the way they should. You handled things great, and I'm sure she would agree with that. Best of luck man.