Old 11-26-2021, 02:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
VikingGF

All good advice here, Bodhi. If it doesn't feel good, don't do it, if it is a threat to your sobriety, well, it's just out of the realm of possibility. As for not telling people you are not drinking anymore, they most likely won't care and the ones that do probably need to be cut loose anyway. Remember, people stop drinking every day and they aren't necessarily addicts. Some quit for health, some don't like it any more, some may just want to save money. So saying you don't drink anymore isn't a stigma, it's just a behavior you don't do any longer. I found when I came clean with people I actually felt better, now I was being my authentic self. A non-drinking person, not a just a person who was not drinking right now. It also took drinking off the table for me completely from a mental standpoint- I said I don't drink so I couldn't very well just pick up. By telling others, I really closed the door on my drinking self even further. Accountability and authenticity. They actually make me feel better than drinking ever did.