View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CaughtInChaos

Unhappy Any advice, please

Hi everyone,
I am married to a man fighting pain-pill addiction. He has been fighting it for as long as we have been together (15 years), but he hid it for the first 3 to 4. He has been in and out of rehab and the ER off and on for years, and I am at my wits end. I have lived thru all the lies, sneaking around, mood swings, money problems, all the usual crap. Currently, he claims he has been clean for 18 months, but the usual signs are telling me otherwise; mood swings, impatient, excessive spending, problems at work, excessive sleeping, and just generally miserable to be around. Plus he has taken up drinking alcohol instead. He has blamed me for all our problems saying it's because I have have cut off sex. This was not intentional, but yes, slowly I have completely lost interest after years of this emotional train wreck. Am I wrong for feeling this way? Am I wrong for not wanting him to drink? We have tried counseling and he just goes in there and lies and misleads the clueless therapist.
I have joined this forum for help, support and knowledge. I want to learn about other peoples experiences, in order to learn how to move forward. Thank you.