Old 11-24-2021, 07:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mizz

I wrote out a long response and my internet went down......
Take 2!

Your recovery is your business. You get to choose the conversations you have regarding your personal matters. You get to choose where you go and who you spend your time with. With all encouragement, do not be concerned about what others think, how you will be perceived, how you choose to walk. The only one that truly matters is YOU. It is okay to say "No, I will not be attending. I have other obligations. Yes, it is for the entire month of January!"

I attended a dinner a few months back and It was the first I had gone out since I got sober and since the pandemic hit. I was a bit apprehensive of how to handle the situation. Some assumptions were made as to why I did not drink at the dinner and I let those assumptions be what they were. I didn't lie. I also didn't offer up anything. Its my business. I don't have to say anything about my personal matters. So, you do you. Whatever you do stay true to yourself and know that you do not owe anyone an explanation.

It is okay to step back and to re-evaluate your friendships. Life is full of change!